Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Patience

I was going to name this post "Disaster!" but i changed my mind. Patience is more appropriate since it is what organic farming is teaching me.


Yesterday was my first visit in our farm this year and its been almost a month since my last visit. I already expected the farm to be a bit out of order but what I saw still took me by surprise. Only a few plots were planted by salad greens and the rest were empty and drying up.


I never spoke a single word, instead I took the spade and started to dig in. There were so many things to do, I don't know where to start.

Well, I think that’s what you get by being an absentee landlord. And I also learned that organic farming teaches you not only the kind of patience you need for slow growing plants, but also patience for things you cannot control or change...

No comments: